Travelling to Paris, Bordeux, Dordogne, and Lascaux for 3 weeks. Photo ops?

Started May 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Len_Gee
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,309Gear list
Like?
Travelling to Paris, Bordeux, Dordogne, and Lascaux for 3 weeks. Photo ops?
May 30, 2012

Hello,

Sorry, English is not my first language.

I will be taking three weeks holiday in France this September and travel independent with a lady friend. We will be in Paris for 7 days then by auto go to Bordeux, Dordogne, and Lascaux regions. It will be first time in France. Can you recommend must see and good photo ops?

I can take Canon 5DMkIi with 17-40, 24-105, 50 f/1.4. or Panasonic GF-1/G2 with 7-14, 14-45, 20. Or bring both Canon and Panasonic cameras. And small carbone fibre tripod usefull to bring or gorilla pod? Travel friend will take her Canon G10.

What camera and lenses recommend I take? I will carry in camera backpack and also take small bag for Paris because of pickpockets worry.

For inside chateaus, churches, and in Lascaux caves is flash possible or must I use only avail light to take best photos?

Thank you for any help.

Len_Gee's gear list:Len_Gee's gear list
Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +4 more
Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow