UFRaw - How to retain baseline import settings from S100fs RAW?

Started May 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
xoio
Regular MemberPosts: 331Gear list
Like?
UFRaw - How to retain baseline import settings from S100fs RAW?
May 30, 2012

Hi all,
I recently took some photos in RAW mode on my S100fs.

Despite being 'RAW' the camera DOES allow for a few additional settings that obviously constitute 'mild' processing. In my case, using a Film simulation mode, in this instance, 'Velvia' to saturate the colours up a bit.

Now, after pulling the images into UFRaw, when in the folder 'preview' mode, it shows the large thumbnails of all the pics, and they ARE indeed looking saturated colour-wise, which is what i wanted.

However when opening a file to view full size, the colours are looking washed out a bit - i.e. Neutral, thus in full mode, UFRaw seems to be IGNORING the colour settings that were otherwise supposedly captured with the RAW file.

How CAN i make UFRaw INCLUDE my 'velvia' colour level settings when i open a RAW file, so that i have what i took with the cam as my baseline starting point, NOT what UFRaw chooses for me as my starting point.

Look forward to your answers.
Al

xoio's gear list:xoio's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S100fs +1 more
Fujifilm FinePix S100fs
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow