x-pro 1 the slowest AF i have never tried ...!!!

Started May 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ZZ9
ZZ9
Regular MemberPosts: 445
Like?
x-pro 1 the slowest AF i have never tried ...!!!
May 30, 2012

yesterday i got my X-PRO 1 with both primes (18mm and 35mm)

well i dont use for action photography, but its impossible to use also for
any reportage work, to be truth its good only for static subject

also with the "fast" 18mm camera need more then 1 second to lock focus also in bright light and in scene with a strong contrast....35mm is also slower

never seen such slow AF, i use (and used) something like a dozen of mirrorless camers (from olympus EP1 / panasonic GF1 to latest GH2 GH1 / samsung NX200 / sony nex ecc ecc

i m a freelance phojournalist (in reportage mainly) its impossible to use this camera for me, or i have to ask subjects to stop action when i shoot a scene...

1500 euro for a such dinosaur??

also the first Olympus EP1 was much faster !!!

years and years after , when all mirrorless are very fast this is what can produce fuji?..........

well what to say? ....i thought GH2 was a slow camera.....
more then 1 second for lock focus.....in 2012....

ps sure MF was better pity that that genius of fuji engineer forgot to add a MF scale on the lens.....

i m faster in focus also with my Leica M8 !!!faster then Fuji AF and i can use the MF scale on the lens on leicas..

Olympus PEN E-P1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
No.New
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow