Started May 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nuzzart
Regular MemberPosts: 136
Like?
Soon to be New Nex-5n user
May 30, 2012

Well, I finally did it, I bought a Nex-5n. I had started looking for a smaller camera several years back when there was only the M43. I liked the idea but coming from a dslr I just wasn't impressed with the image quality. I was really excited when the Nex product first came out but it just didn't have the lens I wanted. The 16mm kit lens was a bit wider than I wanted and the 18-55 zoom was a bit larger than I wanted. Sure the CZ 24mm is an excellent lens but it was a bit out of my price range.

When the Sigma 30mm and 19 mm came along, there was finally a couple of lens I could pick from. Then the rumors started about the new models coming this summer. Let's wait just a bit longer to see where it going. it was when they said that the next 5f was going to have the flip screen I decided to go with the 5n. I really had no use for a flip screen. I though the tilt up/down was much more useful. Also, if the 5f came back larger like the 3f well I preferred the 5n instead. I think the 5n is the perfect camera. The only thing missing is IBS which I don't see happening.

I order the black body only ($469 @ Fumfie) and a fotodiox Minolta Rokkor lens adapter ($39 at amazon). I have a Minolta 50mm 1.7 and the 28mm 2.5, a third party 135mm 2.8 and a Vivitar 70-210 Series 1 zoom. I'll probably never use the zoom on the 5n since it's quite large and heavy. That's probably a good start. I am planning on adding one or both of the Sigma lens but I'll probably wait to see the rumored pancake zoom before I decide. I also want to see how I like going back to manual focus. It was never a problem on my old SRT101. Everything I've read sounds like it should be easy on the 5N. That may help decide which new lens I add.

I am hoping there is no problems with the order. I've never ordered from Fumfie before. When you call to verify the order they press you to order additional equipment. I didn't need anything else. The reviews seemed reasonable, but I guess I'll find out.

Art

Sony Alpha NEX-5N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow