Started May 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Agitprop
Regular MemberPosts: 314
Like?
Heading down a different path...
May 30, 2012

This morning I was looking at some of the posts I made here and the responses those posts generated and I didn’t like what I saw.

I got involved in photography in a big way back when I was 9 years old when my parents bought me a brand new K1000. I can still remember the smell of the film, the satisfying mechanical feel and sound as I turned the advance lever, the elation later when I “discovered” that changing the f-stop would change the feel of the pictures. Before that I was always fascinated with my Dad’s Topcon RE Super, and would sneak into his closet and play with the camera and lenses. I warmly remember my first trip back to the U.K when my grandfather gave me the gift of a Kodak 620 Junior.

The point is that I love photography. That is why I came to DPR and looked into the forums. I didn’t come here to argue about technical suppositions, debate the merits of Panasonic over Olympus, or engage in pedantic discussions about Bokeh, depth of field, equivalence, and the like. Some people love that stuff. Some unfortunates seem to define themselves by it. I for one am done with it.

From this point forward, I’m resolving to do my best to stick to Constructive input. I’m not going to get involved in technical discussions, measurebation, religious discussion (read: Pany Vs. Oly), ‘quivalatin’, whether I’m right, wrong, or (as most of us usually are) somewhere between.

Anyone else want to come along for the ride?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow