Started May 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gary stepic
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,285Gear list
Like?
14-24 lens flare
May 30, 2012

I am in the process of getting rid of my Canon stuff and building up my Nikon system. Kind of frustrating because I already purchased a couple of lenses with no camera to put them on. Hopefully will get D800 soon.

I decided on the 24-120 as my walk around/event lens. Already purchased a refurbished 70-200 2.8 VR2, and bought a used 35-70. I had pretty much settled on the 16-35 4.0 VRII but after reading comments on the 14-24 I am leaning toward that lens.

I want to do more landscapes with the hope of selling a few prints. From studying the photozone tests it seems like the 14-24 will be a great match with the D800. My only concern is lens flare, from the review it seems like flare just about always creeps into the photo and not sure if any way to effectively remove it in post.

How do you 14-24 owners deal with this? The good news for me is I have not seen any posts of anyone selling this lens because of this problem.

Gary
--
http://www.garystepicphotography.com

gary stepic's gear list:gary stepic's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony a6000 Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS Sony FE 70-200 F4 +1 more
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow