Regular MemberPosts: 199
Like?
Re: funniest thing
In reply to Jim Radcliffe, May 30, 2012

Jim Radcliffe wrote:

satijntje wrote:

The quality of the pics is more important then the quality of the LCD
John

John, I think the real point is that for what you pay for Leica products you should expect the electronics to equal that fine handmade workmanship.. that includes the LCD.

Some don't care about the resolution of the LCD but many do. When you pay a premium price for any product, you should expect ALL aspects of that product to be representative of the price paid. When a five hundred dollar point and shoot has a better LCD than a $7K camera from Leica I can see why people would be upset.

A high quality LCD allows you to see errors in exposure and focus much better than a lower resolution LCD. I have to assume those things are still of importance to ALL photographers, including Leica users.

maybe so, but what John wrote is still true.

the quality suggested by "...you should expect ALL aspects of that product to be representative of the price paid" is rarely achieved in real life with any product. is a $60,000 Mercedes that much better than a $25,000 Toyota in every detail? likely not. to suggest that is what you should expect implies a sense of entitlement which is over the top.

z

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow