EM-5: How to switch quickly between S-AF and C-AF?

Started May 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BasicImage
New MemberPosts: 11
Like?
EM-5: How to switch quickly between S-AF and C-AF?
May 30, 2012

Hey guys!

I've been using EM-5 for a while now, but I have yet to figure out a good way to switch quickly between S-AF and C-AF. Let me explain what I mean.

You know dogs, especially young ones. They are rarely still, but when they do, you want to do some composing when photographing them. What I do with my good ol' Canon 30D is that I put in the continuous AF and take action shots. When the dog stops for a few seconds, I press and hold a button with my thumb to lock the focus. Then I quickly compose and take the shot and release it and the camera goes back to continuous auto focusing.

What type of solutions have you come up with in those situations where you photograph something that randomly moves and stops and moves again? The best way I've come up with is to use the C-AF mode and then changing the focus point when the dog stops, but it's a lot slower than the one I use with 30D. So far I've been using 30D for that reason.

Ideas?

-- hide signature --

"The day of the big camera wearing photographer with a large beard and photo vest is over." -Giulio Sciorio

Canon EOS 30D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow