Pentax appeal

Started May 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
Peadingle
Regular MemberPosts: 314
Like?
Re: Pentax appeal
In reply to Egglestonworks, May 30, 2012

I think anybody who has a good experience with a product becomes a fan of that brand.

I bought an ME-Super in Singpaore in 1980 during a round-the-world back-packing trip. I really liked how small and light it was for travelling with, and after working in Australia to replenish my funds, I had enough money to buy a Pentax LX in Hong Kong on my way home to the UK.

A couple of years later I was trekking in Nepal. One morning I went with quite a few others, up to the top of a place called Poon Hill, from where we could watch the sun rise over the Annapurna range. It was bitterly cold - around -10C, but I was able to get some great shots. As I was doing so, an American gentleman came over and asked if my camera was working. Neither of his two Nikons (F2's if I recall correctly) would work at that low temperature.

I pointed out that not only was my LX working 100% but if the battery would not take the low temperature, it would still work with half a dozen mechanical shutter speeds. He was so impressed that he told me that he would be buying two LX's on his way home via Hong Kong (and dumping the Nikons)!

Both ME-Super and LX have been around the world with me in the less than ideal conditions that back-packing entails, and have never let me down. I am so looking forward to owning a Pentax DSLR but I'm waiting for an articulating viewing screen.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow