Please, Somebody Buy My Lens...

Started May 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
Wally626
Senior MemberPosts: 1,593
Like?
Re: The Numbers Were Different, But...
In reply to cplunk, May 30, 2012

cplunk wrote:

What's very frustrating is to make that maximum bid for $200 (while the going price is $50), be the highest bidder for the next 3,5,10 days, and see it sold of $201.50 to someone else, the price finally coming off $50 in the last 5 minutes.

My last couple of wins I placed my bid in 3 or 4 days before the end, my max bid was well above the current bid, I think they might have bounce up a couple of times as people tried to incrementally outbid me, but the last couple of days no change. Of course I have had many losses were I have bid 201 and lost to 203, but I try not to rebid, bid the max price I think is fair to start with and live with it. If it is a lens I must have then I just have to go in with a higher max bid.

I was just watching a Zeiss Jenna 75mm f/1.5? that went for over $1700, this is the second one in a few months to hit that price, maybe the first one got re-listed not positive. Not sure what is driving that price you can buy a new Zeiss 85 f/1.4 for less money and get auto focus and aperture at least for Sony.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow