Michael Reichmann started using an E-M5.

Started May 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
YouDidntDidYou
Senior MemberPosts: 1,576
Like?
Re: Michael Reichmann started using an E-M5.
In reply to tgutgu, May 30, 2012

4/3 hasn't died it evolved just like some photographers have evolved....

tgutgu wrote:

Michael Reichmann correctly predicted that 4/3 would be a dead end. Therefore he ignored FT and did not bother to deal with any Olympus product. That was very understandable. Specifically, he ignored the PENs, which I can understand quite well, as I ignored them as well, when I purchased m4/3 equipment.

The EM-5 is the first Olympus camera since the invention of 4/3, which truly fulfills the original idea of 4/3 to provide a full fledged system camera in a small size. Therefore, he reviews it. The EM-5 is so good, that he cannot ignore it.

4/3 wasn't about small size it was about producing maximum performance relative to the lens and sensor

Michael never was against the m4/3 format as he looked at the Panasonic GHx line quite favorably. Now, I hope that he openly writes about the main issues of the EM-5 (and it's strengths of course), which are the often discussed ergonomic flaws and several firmware design problems. Most notably, how uncomfortable it is to reach Mysets and bracketing. I expect a more balanced and realistic review from him than the countless, hyping blogs and "reviews" on the net.

bracketing is little used by competent photographers in the real world (and when they are the situation is hardly dynamic more like slow paced), mysets aren't too hard to get to either...

Michael is someone, to whom the camera industry listens. I hope that Olympus reads carefully what he writes.

For the record, I own an EM-5 and like it a lot. But the camera has some issues, which should be fixed.

-- hide signature --

Thomas

-- hide signature --

living life to the Four Thirds!
http://www.mftuser.com/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow