photo editing on a plane?

Started May 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
BaldCol
Regular MemberPosts: 223Gear list
Like?
Re: Its nonesense
In reply to MarkNicholas, May 30, 2012

MarkNicholas wrote:

All this stuff about calibrated screens is a load of tosh. Those that have spend a small fortune then struggled to calibrate their screen, feel compelled to dictate to everyone else that they must spend a small fortune.

Most photos are viewed on uncalibrated screens anyway !! Iphones and Ipads etc.

If you are a professional publisher of glossy magazines then yes you got to get it right but for everyone else its not worth it in my view.

You don't need to spend a small fortune. My screen calibrator cost less than £100 five or six years ago.

Screen calibration is essential in my view. I belong to a camera club and we have regular competitions. Digital images are projected using a state of the art, fully calibrated, projector. Many members complain that there is something wrong with the projector because the colours look wrong. Ineveitably when you ask them have they calibrated their screen they say no!

Anyway, I think I have wandered off topic here! To answer the original question, I would have thought that detailed editing would be difficult in flight but maybe you could concentrate on image selection, keywording, etc.

BaldCol's gear list:BaldCol's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5–5.6 IS STM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow