Started May 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Alexandre Ponsin
Regular MemberPosts: 410
Like?
X100 or/and X-Pro1's best setting for "beautiful" B&W in camera only
May 30, 2012

Ok, the deal is that I get less and less time to shoot lately due to work constraints. It's been going on for a while, and since I have always been a rather heavy PP guys - I don't feel comfortable sharing my photos without proper sorting/filtering/post-processing, spending all that time in front of the computer doesn't really help with my time problem.

So I kinda decided that from now on and until further notice I was going to try to 'get it right' in camera directly. And lately I have been focusing on black and white photography.

I also recently sold my X100 to partly fund the acquisition of the new X-Pro1. But the settings being really similar on both camera, my guess is that those preferences can be applied to both camera really similarly.

I love deep B&W, high contrast. I'll try to find a few images to illustrate the style I like. But would you share your preferred configuration (profile?) of your X100 or X-Pro1 to shoot B&W out of camera?

For the moment I am experiencing the following settings:

• B&W - red filter profile

• Sharpness +1

• Noise -1

• Highlights - hard

• Shadows - hard

What's your take on the best B&W settings straight out of camera JPEG ?

-- hide signature --

Alex

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow