Flat view
slade riley
Regular MemberPosts: 146
Like?
60d Night Sky / C&C / Dead Pixels
May 30, 2012

Above is the JPG after being converted from raw with no PP

Above is the JPG after being converted from RAW with DPP PP

Ok, so I was making a time lapse the other night when I came accross this beautiful shot. Everyone thinks it was a shooting star, but of course I know it was a 50 second exposure and it is more likely a plane streaking across the moonlit sky.

This is my first month with the 60D and I have noticed what i think are dead pixels. In reviewing the time lapse there are about 5 pixels that are red and don't move. When converted to JPG they are white pixels. One is near the top of the tree on the top right (when picture is expanded). Am I being paranoid or should I send it back? Or, try in-camera setting to clear it. I purchase the 60d through the loyalty program, so I only have a short time left to return (I think it is 90 days) anyone experience anything similar? I did read the post regarding the magenta speck and think this is similar, although not sure there is a resolution there either.

Thanks,

Slade

Canon EOS 60D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow