Does the 20mm f/1.7 work well on E-M5 or not?

Started May 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sean000
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,749Gear list
Like?
Does the 20mm f/1.7 work well on E-M5 or not?
May 30, 2012

I'm a GF1 shooter looking to upgrade to the E-M5. My two favorite lenses are the Panasonic 20mm f/1.7 and the Oly 45mm f/ 1.8. I am a little concerned about reported issues between the 20mm and the E-M5. One has to do with reports of banding when the 20 mm is used at ISO 1600 or higher. The other is that it doesn't autofocus as well with the E-M5. I know that the 20mm isn't one of the faster focusing lenses... The 45mm will AF faster on my GF1. However the 20mm is still plenty fast on the GF1 and accurate... Even in low light whether I am using face detect or single point AF. Can I expect the 20mm to be at least as quick and as accurate on the E-M5, or is the 20mm just not a good match for the Oly camera?

I know the 25mm is the better prime, but I love the pancake size and field of view the 20mm offers.

Thanks,

Sean

sean000's gear list:sean000's gear list
Olympus Stylus XZ-10 Nikon D70 Nikon D200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +13 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow