HELP talk me out of buying a new D700 Why does this happen to me !

Started May 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
Funduro
Contributing MemberPosts: 956Gear list
Like?
Re: HELP talk me out of buying a new D700 Why does this happen to me !
In reply to spbStan, May 30, 2012

spbStan wrote:

If the D600, or whatever it might be called if it will ever be a reality, follows the pattern of recent Nikon cameras it will have very low read noise at low ISO so should be better for landscape long exposure shots.

I am curious why the D800 is ruled out, it is superior in all image quality criteria to the D300 and D700 and will surely be better than the D600 which will need to have some features disabled as to create a large enough difference for the $1000-1400 price gap? It is a dream camera for landscape and offers many advances in wildlife as well.
--
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Thanks for the reply. Yes the D800 is an awesome camera that has way better specs and it's crop factor images are probably better the my D300s. The two primary reasons for the D700 is FF wide-angle coverage for landscape and better ISO performance then the D300s. It would require me to replace my all in one computer (iMac 27") because of the demands the D800's huge files ask of the processor. Plus the battery grip(also backordered) would add another US$450, one more battery($75), faster iMac 27" US$2,300 + price difference of US$800 = US$5,600

Yes I can sell them in due time, but D800 world wide demand is EPIC ! I might be waiting till 2013 before I get one if I placed an order today.
--
FYI avatar image is by Steve McCurry

Funduro's gear list:Funduro's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Olympus XZ-1 Nikon D700 Nikon D300S Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow