what would be the better camera/lens combo out of these?

Started May 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
kobeson
Regular MemberPosts: 389
Like?
Re: what would be the better camera/lens combo out of these?
In reply to JackM, May 30, 2012

Lovely shot Jack!

I think the f4 will do well, considering I am going from 550D/55-250 I would imagine the shots I will be able to take indoors will be substantially better.

Cheers for the post

JackM wrote:

kobeson wrote:

Regarding the 70-200 - at half the cost, and almost half the weight, I think paired with the low light capabilities of the 5D3 then f4 should do just perfectly shouldn't it? I can't see myself carrying the 70-200ISmkii around to be honest, not that I am a whimp just that I don't see the sense if the f4 is just as sharp, especially with the ISO increase I am about to have going from 550D -> 5D3.

In most cases yes, the f/4 will be fine, and the weight and size savings are very significant. In my experience the 5D3 is at least 1 stop better than the 5D2, and at least 2 stops better than the 7D.

The only times you need f/2.8 are for low light combined with action, and for maximum background blur. I have found it very useful for stage and sports.

-- hide signature --

Cheers, Daniel

Canon EOS 550D (gripped) | Canon 100mm f2.8L IS | Canon EF-S 10-22/3.5-4.5 USM | Sigma 30mm f/1.4 EX DC HSM | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II | Canon EF-S 55-250 f4-5.6 IS | Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS | Nissin Di622 Mark II | Raynox DCR-250

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow