Pentax appeal

Started May 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
Rod McD
Senior MemberPosts: 2,413Gear list
Like?
"Appeal" isn't simple....
In reply to Egglestonworks, May 30, 2012

Hi,

All brands of DSLR are fantastic tools that will take great photos. Yes they differ in their specs and ergonomics. And yes, Pentax has its own characteristics. But what's not said so much is that you have to be happy with the aesthetics of a brand and a camera as well as its technical performance. I really think that a good part of the attraction that owners have to a camera they've chosen is about psychology....... personal preference about its brand positioning and the camera's looks and "feel". (If you don't believe this, just look how aesthetics, not performance, dominated the Pentax forum reaction to the K01. Never did a new model generate such polarised views).

For me, even though I've used and owned other brands in the past, I can't think of any APSC camera I'd rather own than the K5. It's the current end result of a mature line of development, and although some people would like additions (swivel screen, tethering, etc) it really is a very capable and well featured camera in a compact package. Add high build quality, WR sealing and some excellent small lenses, and you've arguably the best outdoor/travel DSLR on the market. For me, Pentax just got that one 'right'. I'm happy that other people get as much pleasure from choices that are different from mine.

Cheers, Rod

Rod McD's gear list:Rod McD's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot G1 X Fujifilm X-T1 Voigtlander 90mm F3.5 APO-Lanthar SL II Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow