Started May 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
zstan
Regular MemberPosts: 164
Like?
Sony a37 + 18-135mm launch
May 30, 2012

I know many people are uninterested but here are some of my shots during the recent product launch of the camera in Malaysia.

The a37 now has a tilt screen which is a great addition compared to the a35. However it only sports a 230k LCD screen compared the F3 which has 920k dots. No idea what was Sony thinking though. Both cameras are effectively targetting the entry level users but why the F3 has better specs?

I was more interested with the 18-135mm lens though. The built of the lens was rather nice with a metal mount. Can't really comment about the sharpness as I was shooting with high ISO and the details are slightly smudged. One thing I would like to note was the autofocus sound of this lens was much more quieter than other SAM lenses that I have used before. Even though i placed my ears on the lens itself I could only hear it autofocusing ever so softly, of course compared to SSM lenses it still loses out. Or maybe the music was loud at the time of testing ? Lol

Picture shot with 18-135mm

Unrelated shot :

-- hide signature --
Sony SLT-A35 Sony SLT-A37
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow