Started May 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
awaldram
Forum ProPosts: 10,821Gear list
Like?
Re: Pentax appeal
In reply to Wheatfield, May 29, 2012

Wheatfield wrote:

Egglestonworks wrote:

Pentax shooters, I'm curious, what is the appeal of Pentax to you? : ) I noticed they aren't the fastest cameras, nor full frame nor are they the most durable, nor the highest resolution yet Pentax still survives and thrives whereas something like Minolta has already fallen by the wayside.

Is it the history, the ergonomics, the "alternative-ness" of it? I'm curious. For the record I shoot with Canon but I've always had a sentimental soft spot for Pentax, and frankly I have no idea why since I've never used any of their cameras.

The lenses. What I don't understand is people who buy a Pentax body and then use third party glass.
The only reason to use Pentax is the glass.

Wot those weedy little pancakes, You get a small body so your 'mans' lens looks bigger
Till you've tried quality 3rd party glass maybe you'd believe what you said
But try the

Sigma 85 1.4, 50 1.4, 300 F2.8, 500 f4.5, 400 telemacro and I sure you'd change your mind

Not using 3rd party glass is like chopping off your left arm because your right handed.

awaldram's gear list:awaldram's gear list
Pentax Q Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow