Started May 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mr. Click
Contributing MemberPosts: 942
Like?
D3200 Impressions
May 29, 2012

I bought a D3200 to replace my wife's failing D70. Personally, I come from a D2x and D300 background. With the kind of pixel density that it has, the D3200 is a demanding vixen, that's for sure. However, for those willing to learn the dance, it can give wonderful results. Oh, I would still grab my D300 (D400 wherefor art thou?) if I were going to shoot a paid job, but for it is fun to see what this little thing can do under good conditions. I'll really be interested to see how it compares at DXO.

I've taken some very nice images at ISO100, and I'm sure there are those who say that it will suck wind at high ISO. But one of the first test images I made was in the backyard in failing light at ISO3200. I processed it with LR 4.1rc2, and just set the white and black points, added slight sharpening and slight noise reduction. I think the color retention and noise are quite acceptable. I think this would print quite nicely at a fairly large size. Here is the image:

-- hide signature --

Photograph—a 1/125 second slice of time that is able to store decades of memories.

Nikon D2X Nikon D300 Nikon D3200 Nikon D70
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow