Started May 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Robert Tolputt
Regular MemberPosts: 135Gear list
Like?
Fuji W3........impressions after 6 months use
May 29, 2012

As a lifelong 3D fan, starting out with an excellent Kodak Realist, I could never figure out why it took so long for someone to try and produce a digital equivalent of that great camera.

The W1 looked promising but the reviews put me off. Then I got a chance to pick up a W3 at a bargain price in Mexico. I loved the lenticular screen of course and to begin with the results impressed me. But I have to say that after 6 months I am really disappointed. Image quality is simply poor and almost every shot needs to have parallax correction before I can view them comfortably either on the LCD screen or a 3D TV. The video quality is a joke. I think after these 6 months I have really only produced a dozen or so decent images. In that same time I have produced many more and better 3D images using my Nikon D40 or (rather good) little Fuji F70EXR and then processing the separates in Stereo Photo Maker. Not much good for non static shots of course but streets ahead of the W3. When I use it now nearly everything about it annoys me - the clumsy interface, the egonomics that guarantees at least several shots spoiled by a finger in front of a lens and the horrible noise and jpeg processing.

Am I the only very disappointed W3 user out there ?

Robert Tolputt's gear list:Robert Tolputt's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F70EXR Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon PowerShot G15 Sony Alpha NEX-5N +1 more
FujiFilm FinePix F70EXR (FinePix F75EXR) Nikon D40
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow