70-200 2.8L non-IS

Started May 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
DA photo
Regular MemberPosts: 105Gear list
Like?
Re: 70-200 2.8L non-IS
In reply to xxxpongxxx, May 29, 2012

The bottom line of this thread is that my decision to keep my now almost fifteen year old 70-200 2.8L was a good one. For my use upgrading does not make sense. I have always gotten good pictures and the lens responds better to my recently acquired 7d than any previous gear. I do a lot of indoor swimming meets with awful white balance, high contrast backlight an dim corners. I have done a lot of meets with a 5D but since I got the 7D my keepers have gone way up because of fast rapid target acquistion (my AF background), accurate exposure and improved tracking. I am a former R&D director and I respond better to replicable facts than nebulous statements like the color is better from one lens to the next. Dan your pictures prove your points in a very direct example setting way. After all they are worth a thousand words--
DAphoto

DA photo's gear list:DA photo's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EOS 100D Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow