Started May 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
toomanycanons
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,541
Like?
*** WINNERS Mini-challenge #346-The Reflected Life ***
May 29, 2012

Thanks to all those who entered. I only considered official "entries" and not "for fun" so that narrowed it down just a bit. As previous hosts know, it's tough picking the final "winners".

Honorable Mention, in no particular order:

Bob Blount's Long Bridge--I loved the great expanse of still water allowing for such a perfect reflection.

Jim B's Daydreaming. Great idea done well.

Chrisby's Waiting For my Train. The reflected model in the poster seemingly more real than the real person approaching.

gail's Simplicity. Talk about a still moment for this shot. I hope this is hanging in an art gallery somewhere.

Bob Blount's bird ducking his head into the water. When you're a photographer sometimes timing is everything.

WINNERS: but really, all the entries were winners.

Number 3:

Jacek Dolata's Pond. I still haven't figured out exactly what is going on here but I like it!

Number 2:

Petabix's Time for a Snooze. Perfectly composed, I loved the tone of the image as well, it fit the cat napping.

And Number 1:

gail's Watching. This won on so many accounts. The stillness of the frog (it is a frog isn't it? Maybe an alligator?) contrasting with just a bit of waviness of the reflection of the person. The colors of the reflected person's image matching the colors of the grasses. Well done and, timing is everything.

I've used up my only edit, hope I got everyone's names correct. Good luck to gail on her next challenge.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow