Started May 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kolen
Senior MemberPosts: 1,015Gear list
Like?
4.6 kg system carry solution
May 29, 2012

Hi. I want to have a better carry solution for my system: 1 camera and 3 lenses plus 1 flash. (details: D800E, 14-24G, 70-200 VRII, 35/1.4G, SB900)

I was using a Tamrac camera backpack and they all can fit in it. But it is barely fitted, very tight, and hurt my back.

I am asking you guy's experience on what carrying solution should work well. My primary usage would be traveling. e.g. going trip, hiking, walk around on the street, etc. And occasionally I need to shot in events.
I have a few ideas but I am not confident which one would works best:

1. Lowepro backpack

2. Lowepro belt system

3. Cotton Carrier that attached the camera to the chest

4. a small luggage specifically design for camera system. e.g. I heard one from Lowepro that can double as a luggage and a backpack at the same time. Also there's one from Thinktank for example.

And for each of them I have some doubts if it would works for me.
e.g.

1. backpack might hurt the back (like the Tamrac I am using. But I heard that Lowepro's design are better at letting the user few more comfortable).

2. belt system might make the equipments more easy to be hurt/damaged

3. attaching to the chest looks awfully awesome. And easy to scratch the camera too.

4. People might be more tempted to steal a luggage. I have thought of attaching a steel string from me, but that looks silly.

Any suggestions? Thanks so much in advance!

Kolen's gear list:Kolen's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Sony Alpha NEX-C3 Nikon D800E Olympus PEN E-PL5 Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM +32 more
Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow