Who misses the Phil A days ?

Started May 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
Phil Askey
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,820Gear list
Like?
Re: Who misses the Phil A days ?
In reply to Gordon W, May 29, 2012

Frankly I'm glad to read this. I'd be extremely sad if my decision had lead to the decline of the site. IMHO far from it, now it's in the hands of an experienced editor and an excellent team of writers and developers. Since I left it's continued to grow in quality and breadth and I'm sure it will continue to do so.

Do I miss it? Yes of course.

Gordon W wrote:

I find the DPR site generally more interesting than in the Phil Askey days (the news page is updated daily whereas in Phil's days the news page could go days at a time without an update) and some things are definitely improvements, like the studio scene where you can compare IQ of four cameras at once (I think that started after Phil's departure), but back in his day (at least how I remember it) reviews were timely enough you could use them to make buying decisions of new cameras. Now (at least how it seems to me) the reviews are too late for that and invariably I find other review sites far more timely and therefore more useful, even if their reviews are not to the high standard of DPR's. I find DPR's previews basically useless and seldom bother to read them.

-- hide signature --

--
My online photo galleries
http://www.pbase.com/merriwolf/

-- hide signature --

Phil Askey
Founder, dpreview.com

Phil Askey's gear list:Phil Askey's gear list
Leica M8 Leica M9 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Leica Summilux-M 21mm f/1.4 Asph +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow