Started May 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John Bean (UK)
Forum ProPosts: 18,034
Like?
"cardany_chan" helicoid M-adapter
May 29, 2012

My package finally arrived this afternoon! It is one of these, now reduced another $5 compared with the price I paid a couple of weeks ago:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110807053282

I got it mainly to use with my CV 50/1.5 Nokton that has an annoying 0.9m minimum focus. Out of the bag, onto the camera, snap of the bag with the Nokton wide open:

Not a lot of DoF there

Quick snap in the garden, this time at f/2.8:

Lovely! (not the picture, the adapter!)

I love this lens for close ups, I had to use a 5mm extension tube previously but it was a pain have to have to take it on and off and it left a "no man's land" between about 2 and 3 feet where I couldn't focus at all, with or without. Now it's a doddle

It's also lighter than my plain M-adapter - 43g rather than 50g - which is a bonus since the Nokton is a bit of a lump without adding the weight of the adapter. It also has the bonus of a flush release for the M-lens rather than the protruding one on my plain adapter that intrudes into the same space between grip and lens mount that my finger wants to occupy.

Here it is with my embarrassingly dusty Nokton. Must remember to use the rocket blower first next time I photograph it:

I'm so pleased with this adapter I thought I'd share my broad grin with the forum. I don't even mind having missed the price drop

-- hide signature --

John Bean [BST (GMT+1)]

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow