Compact recommendations with very specific features?

Started May 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BigCheeseThe
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Compact recommendations with very specific features?
May 29, 2012

Hi everyone

Let me try and set the scene a little...

I run my own business from home and have customers coming into my hallway while I talk to them about their order.

I have decided that I would like to have CCTV working when they get here in case of any issues (this is has started due to my first issue in six years ).

Anyway, CCTV is very expensive, big and low quality so I thought for the purposes I need a small compact camera mounted above the door would be perfect to record the meeting while they are here.

I can mount it above the door frame by banging two nails into the door frame so it points at an angle and films the whole hall.

Because of this I need a camera that:

Has a wide angle lens - obviously it's no good if it chops off much of what I'm trying to film!

Has a good battery life - meetings are usually only around 15 minutes but sometimes longer.

Has the ability to record video for an unlimited amount of time until the card is full or it runs out of battery.

Is slimline so I can slip it behind the nails in the door frame.

Has a bright lens - it can be quite dark in the hall.

Records good audio as well as video.

Price wise...maybe up to £200, the less the better but I do want to get good quality images! Please don't discount something that could be a few pounds more but gives great results.

I am in the UK so it would have to be available here.

Aside from that taking nice pictures would be an added bonus as I'll keep it on me when I'm out and about instead of the awful camera on my phone!

Thanks very much.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow