ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
wltsm
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
Upgrade for Canon G7
May 29, 2012

Hey,

I currently have a canon G7, have had it since new, nearly 6 years now, and think it's time for an upgrade, mainly for HD video and I really want a wide angle lens. I have no issues with the image quality of the G7 during the day, but too much noise for nighttime shots. I mainly take landscape and street photos, so don't need a long tele lens and want a small pocketable camera.

This basically rules out a DSLR. Have looked at them, but feel it's a lot of money once you get the lenses you want and I don't want such a large camera. Also I take the majority of my photos in 16:9 ratio, which as far as I can see, isn't possible on a DSLR as the viewfinder wouldn't view in that aspect ratio.

I'd like to stay with canon, and the camera I'm fairly sure is best, is the S100. How does the IQ of the S100 differ from the G12 and G1 X? I'd like the smallest camera possible, and can see GPS being a benefit. I'm assuming any of these cameras would beat the G7, am I right? Are these any other cameras I should be looking at, possibly from other brands?

Thanks for your help,

Will

Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot G7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow