Who has switched to Mac - was it worth it?

Started May 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
Andy Hewitt
Senior MemberPosts: 2,628Gear list
Like?
Re: Who has switched to Mac - was it worth it?
In reply to linetest, May 29, 2012

linetest wrote:

Love / Hate thing with Apple for me. I am a fan of their gear but at the same time they aggravate me. When I bought an Imac, I could only get a 21.5" or a 27". I bought the 27" which turned out to be a mistake. Way too large when I sit so close to the screen at home. The 21.5" was too small. I have a 24" C2D at work and it's perfect. So now I bought a 24" Dell monitor and will need to go the Mac mini route.

Why they refuse to do a Mac Pro "mini", a small tower with desktop components that allows you to use your own monitor, is beyond me. Steve refused to deliver what users asked for. He simply delivered what he thought users should use. His philosophy, which seems terribly flawed, has proven to be a incredible success. This has Dell, HP, etc wondering what the heck they need to do to capture such a dedicated following.

With Apple, the take it or leave it hardware choices should have buried them. Since the opposite is happening, there is more than just the box itself that sells. And for those reasons, I am a fan.

Yeah, I'm with you on that, although for me I'd just want a screen less iMac - an iMac in a Mini box would be perfect. Only because I'm not happy about having an all-in-one (you see too many 'faulty display' iMacs on eBay).

-- hide signature --

Andy Hewitt

Andy Hewitt's gear list:Andy Hewitt's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-S1 Fujifilm X-S1 Apple Aperture Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 Apple iPhone 4S
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow