Installing icc profile on Epson 3880

Started Jan 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
Hugowolf
Forum ProPosts: 11,509
Like?
Re: Installing icc profile on Epson 3880
In reply to sam_siciliano, May 29, 2012

sam_siciliano wrote:

I found this discussion very helpful, since I'm doing this same type thing a few months later. However, the odd thing is that with Photoshop Manages Color under 'Printer Profile', the profile you select is not something obvious like Hot Press Natural, but it is 'SP3880 HPNWFAP MK 1440 v1'. What's with that?! That profile name corresponds to the accompanying explanatory pdf file with the driver, but why such a cryptic name? Guess HPN is hot press natural.

If could be a little simpler, but it needs the printer, the paper, the resolution, the version, and has to have few enough characters for most of it to display in a small dialog, or that becomes a problem too.

Also, there is also a 2cond profile showing up in the Photoshop pull down list which has identical name but with 2880 instead of 1440. Anyone know what the difference is and which one you'd select?

You need to try the 1440 dpi against the 2880 dpi and see which works best for you – and it could be image dependent. In general I prefer 1440 dpi for most images on matt papers, although I will normally put down more ink than specified.

Brian A

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow