Started May 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sd40
Senior MemberPosts: 1,378
Like?
Never thought I would buy an E-5
May 28, 2012

Curiosity got the better of me. I have bought a very lightly used E-5 on Ebay. This violates my rule against heavy cameras (the E-510 is my ideal) but I'm looking forward to the viewfinder and most of all the IQ. In my experience the E-510 was basically equal to the 12MP Nikon D5000 in sharpness, but it lags compared to the 16MP D5100 that I now own. I'm hoping that the E-5's 12MP and better processing are in the same league as the D5100. I used to take two cameras when shooting landscape and want to have reason to do so again.

I read all the rumors (mostly suppositions, I'm afraid) about an E-7. If it happens, great. If not, I don't want to say that my experience with 4:3rds ended without trying the E-5.

I own a Panasonic DMC-L10 and a lightly used E-510. I've learned to set the E-510's settings to avoid its worst flaws and have always loved its size, weight, and user interface. The DMC-L10 is older and more primitive but takes wonderful photos. One of them will be kept as the backup, given that 4:3rds is, in my opinion, an abandoned standard. Not sure yet which one will be sold.

Nikon D5000 Nikon D5100 Olympus E-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow