Started May 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
jim stirling
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,553Gear list
Like?
Re: The true equivalence of the OM-D+75mm vs Canon 5DIII
In reply to Anders W, May 28, 2012

Anders W wrote:

jim stirling wrote:

Here is your crop compared to the GX1 crop NR off {which you did not post} , So to return to my previous question where is the 2 stop improvement that many are claiming for the E-M5 at high ISO?

This is a question you may legitimately ask of those who made such a claim. I didn't. Rather, what I said to you in a previous reply in this thread was:

At the high ISO end, I am sure you are right that the difference compared to the G3/GX1 is less than one stop. I'd say someting like 1/3 to 1/2 stop, and a bit more than that compared to the GH2.

Anders,

I did not mean to suggest for a minute that you were one of the folk making these daft claims and I very much respect your technical posts. I pretty much agree wholeheartedly with your assessment. I am just a bit peeved at the amount of aggro I have received in posts where I have suggested this ,there are several posters claiming all sorts of wild gains in the E-M5 quality and anyone who dares to suggest anything else is in for a rough ride. Again you have my apologies.
Jim

jim stirling's gear list:jim stirling's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Nikon D800 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow