Samsung WB850 battery problem

Started May 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
Billx08
Forum ProPosts: 11,373
Like?
Re: Samsung WB850 battery problem
In reply to Loring von Palleske, May 28, 2012

Loring von Palleske wrote:

Thank you for doing this peewit - I have received a similar query from a customer in Vancouver and we as a company need to know if it's a faulty battery batch or a camera problem. I asked her to fully charge the battery and wait 4 or 5 days (with the battery out of the camera) and check the battery level. Hopefully it is a limited problem and you will be looked after with warranty.

If it does turn out to be far reaching - I am hoping firmware will clean it up. I only heard of the issue very recently so I am trying to gather as much info as possible to send back to Korea.

Fuji had the same or a very similar problem with their F550EXR, their first to have GPS functionality. The problem was more severe because the batteries would go dead overnight after a full charge even with all GPS functions disabled. It was eventually "fixed" by a firmware upgrade, but it was really caused by defective hardware. My first two F550's had this problem. They were both black, the only available color when it was introduced. Within a week or two B&H announced "limited availability" for red F550s (red F500s were always available but not for the F550) so I figured that they might have been produced from a different batch that didn't have the same problem and I was right. No more battery drain. The firmware 'cure' was released soon afterward, but my red F550 had the original firmware, so the firmware was only necessary for F550s that had the defective circuits. I don't really know which circuits were responsible but assume that they were GPS related. It turned out that the "limited availability" wasn't correct. FWIW, within days of exchanging cameras, the website removed that notice and red became a regular color option.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow