ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BearsMom
Regular MemberPosts: 172Gear list
Like?
Just cause I want one. Help please
May 28, 2012

Hi

Im new to posting on this board but Ive been reading here for years. Ive really been following all the talk on the new D-800 and have finally decided I want one.

I dont need one nor can I easily afford one but I want one so I will figure it out somehow.

I have some Nikon lenses from my old days of photography and I guess I will be learning my new camera by way of the manual system for now.

What I will really need is a computer upgrade. I read the recent post about computers so here's the question. Ive been building my computers for a long time with AMD processors, ASUS boards and Nvidia graphics, and I have been very happy with them. Does anyone have any information that would make me change my mind about using the AMD 3+ processor in my new computer or any other suggestions that will get me to a comfortable place in processing the files from the D-800, i.e.: how much ram, specific motherboard, etc.

Also do I need W7 pro 64 or will W7 home 64 work?

Thanks a lot for any input.
--
KC

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow