I was him.....

Started May 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
Rickard Hansson
Senior MemberPosts: 2,081Gear list
Like?
Re: I was him.....
In reply to David A. Hamments, May 28, 2012

That second shot, with the vibrant colours.

Why soo grainy in the shadows, have you modified it later on in software, because being iso 180, it sure looks worse than expected, technically.

Reason for asking is that i am interested myself in an V1 or J1 to be used alongside ny D300, but i´m not interested in going down in quality.

Your images are great esthetically.

David A. Hamments wrote:

Tonight was a cold night in Port Stephens, the wind was howling and the temperature dropped at sunset. That didn't stop two of us from standing on the beach just before sunset, waiting for the sun to drop. I had a chat with another photographer who carried his tripod and Canon kit down to the beach as I was standing there with my V1 and 10-30 kit lens. As the colours intensified, a seagull landed on the beach in front of us, causing simultaneous shutter clicks. After about 20 minutes, the sun fizzled out and I walked back to the car, while my fellow photographer disassembled his kit and tripod... I couldn't help thinking, I was him until about 2 months ago. I'm sure he enjoyed the experience as much as I did, but I got back to a warm car much quicker!

Cheers,
D. Hamments

http://www.picturesocial.com/photo/photo/listForContributor?screenName=0x0m7ojexcz1v

-- hide signature --

Rickard Hansson
Sweden

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow