Started May 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
qianp2k
Senior MemberPosts: 8,277Gear list
Like?
Re: DXO 5D/5D2 vs 7D
In reply to MAC, May 28, 2012

MAC wrote:

You keep up with the charts...but your charts will not win

Why? DXO test is not scientific and more creditable than what you said?

When I point for closeups, I use my 5dc +50 f1.4 or 100L

At least you agree in close-up as people's faces and skins can reveal details as well as grains/noise so clearly.

When I point for group shots -- zoomed out -- I use off camera flash and my 60d 15-85IS -- these are stopped down, zoomed out on the faces, off camera flash, on the sizes that are sold. These are not closeups and it doesn't matter in albums 13x19 and below

What group people shots are different from landscape from perspective of fine details? You don't own 24-105L otherwise on 5Dc it out-resolves 15-85 on 60D and sharper, less grain/noise even at base ISO. Understand you only have a few FF primes no WA FF zooms for 5D for your people shots so you use your 60D set instead. But that doesn't mean 5D set with appropriate lens cannot do better as confirmed by DXO.

you can't overpower the solution and win with heavier EF gear in many scenarios

You mean wedding photog must use your set for group people shots? So many wedding photogs use FF everyday for individual and group shots. You just keep talking the gears you possessed and digging into, that sounds to me as a fanboy by ignoring the most creditable lab tests such as DXO. DXO charts mean everything is one of the standard measures, otherwise just you say vs I say. You don't see much difference in specific scenario with specific gears you owned doesn't mean much to others don't have your gears in different scenarios, no mention you don't own other comparable gear set, you don't own 5D2 and probably not 24-105L as well.

-- hide signature --
 qianp2k's gear list:qianp2k's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow