X Pro 1 shutter lag?

Started May 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
LaFonte
Senior MemberPosts: 2,568Gear list
Like?
Re: X Pro 1 shutter lag?
In reply to Weistling, May 28, 2012

This is the situation that simply begs you to use dslr. No amount of this or that is faster arguments will solve it. I was just yesterday using friends nikon dslr and after the long time using xpro1 and x100 it felt rather incredible for the AF.

I actually thought at first the nikon is set to manual AF because I didn't notice it was focusing at all - it was just so instant. Also my xpro1 battery died and friends nikon was happily snapping away..

Well, yeah, can't have everything. But at least there is a lot of room for improvement for next couple of years...

Weistling wrote:

I have to agree with Mick. The shutter lag is too long for my taste as well. I am working hard to get along with it but it is too slow for some really crucial timing situations. When I zone focus while in Aperture mode the time it takes to meter the light is way too long at times. What I do in these situations is to set my AF/AE button to lock both focus and exposure and then it is more responsive but it's not practical in real life.

My hope is that Fuji works to improve this in the next firmware update. please please.

On the shot below I was trying to time the ring being tossed in the background with the girl's bubble blowing. It was very difficult with the shutter lag. Eventually I got off one that sort of worked.

LaFonte's gear list:LaFonte's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow