Started May 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
YTreePhotography
Junior MemberPosts: 27
Like?
Please don't compare...
May 28, 2012

There is such an overload of information and opinions here that it is soooooo difficult to sift through all the posts. Please forgive me in advance if this has been addressed before, but just really trying to figure this out...

I am locked into the FT system and just went micro about 30 days ago with purchase of e-m5, so I don't want to compare to FF in this post especially since I am surrounded by FF users that do enough of that.

I just want to make wise lens choices going forward. So, I have the e-m5 with 12-50mm kit lens and was over zealous and bought the 40-150mm lens too. I may perhaps regret that one. Also, I recently purchased the 45mm f/1.8 which I love using very much... get great results (I think)

My interest now is to only purchase fast lenses whether they be zoom or prime, and I really prefer to have autofocus option. There seem to be several options available or soon to be available. Although, they also seem very difficult to aquire.

Looking for lens advice, so that I make good choices. Thanks in advance for any insight that you can provide...

BTW - not interested in shooting sports or animal wildlife unless they are in the zoo. I shoot architecture, macro, still life, floral/gardens and trying to get into portraiture as well. Basically anything that won't talk back, but doesn't hide from me (like birds and such)

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow