ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sigmagus
Regular MemberPosts: 265Gear list
Like?
SD1M green color question
May 28, 2012

Hi all.

It is late spring in Moscow, but I can still find some young weeds and ash tree leaves to shoot to get fresh green color. After taking some nature and landscape shots with SD1M I have noticed that the green color looks unnaturally desaturated (dark and grey-green) when blue and red channel give well saturated colors. The camera settings were P-mode, ISO200, AWB, STD color, RAW+JPG, 0.5NR. I've tried to change ISO and color settings - no essential result. I couldn't find how to change NR in camera setting and believe it does no sense in this case.

I took some shots of the same weeds with SD14 and green color was as good as natural.

I used SPP 5.2 and the latest SD1M firmware. SPP tweaking did not help to get natural green color. Lenses change did not help as well.
I looked over SD1M images at Sigma talk and found them with good green color.
My questions:
1. Does anyone have the same green color problem with SD1M?

2. Do you usually use SPP or some aditional (PS or LR) program to process your images?
3. What are your in-camera settings?
4. Do I miss smth or is smth wrong with my camera?
Sorry I don't attach any samples.

Regards,
Oleg Gusev

Sigma SD1 Sigma SD14
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow