I do get fed up of reading "MFT can't do this or that..."

Started May 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
Louis_Dobson
Forum ProPosts: 26,387
Like?
Re: Just keep posting experience and illustrations...
In reply to danijel973, May 28, 2012

A cameras is about a great deal more than IQ. The E-PL1 and E-M5 could really not be further apart as high speed shooting tools. The E-PL1, as you say, belongs ona tripod or in a handbag, the OM-D is an action camera,

As for the sensor, I know it well, I have it in my E-PM1. The DR is very poor by modern standards - but of course it slightly depends on what you mean by DR.

danijel973 wrote:

acahaya wrote:

danijel973 wrote:

No putting down E-PL1s with kit lenses, please.

If I put an EVF on it, it will do more-less everything an E-M5 can. I even used it in such a strong rain it was completely soaked, with no adverse effects.

Wow, your E-PL1 must come from a different planet than mine

I doubt it, but I use it the same way I use a medium format camera. I focus and expose very carefully and I use 2s delay on a tripod. The resulting images are very sharp:

I see and feel a huge difference in the handling and resulting files when i compare my E-PL1 and my E-M5.

Handling, yes. Resulting files... yes, but not so much. E-M5 sensor is overhyped. It is good, very good in fact, but on a low ISO from a tripod the older sensor produces results that are both sharp and with beautiful tonality and quite nice dynamic range. But my way of shooting with E-PL1 seems to be an exception rather than a rule, and most pictures made with pen lack sharpness.

Don't get me wrong, the E-PL1 is still a good camera but appart from the housing/hndling/being not weathersealed, it also still has the old AF and sensor.

That old sensor can do great things.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow