D800 with Zeiss 25/2.8

Started May 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
xtranch
Regular MemberPosts: 345Gear list
Like?
Re: D800 with Zeiss 25/2.8
In reply to Rick Knepper, May 28, 2012

I agree that this camera and lens combination is not as sharp as it could be. It is easy enough to sharpen up in lr, the corner are not perfect either, but not bad. Blown highlights are more of a problem for me. I have a couple of other lenses on the way, a Zeiss 50 mm and Nikon 85. After I try these out and look at shots taken with af I will know more. Since I am shooting on a tripod with the self timer, plus the mirror is up in live view that is not the issue. I also made this shot at f/8 which is my preferred setting for most landscapes. For me the advantage is the ability to have more flexibility with editing. If you would like to see some of my work look at ar.art.com/galleries/xt. Thanks for participating. this is a hobby for me and gives me something to do in my old age.

xtranch's gear list:xtranch's gear list
Nikon D800 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Carl Zeiss Biogon T* 2,8/21 ZM Carl Zeiss C Sonnar T* 1,5/50 ZM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow