K5 - DA21L ... is it the ultimate combination?

Started May 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tom__Brown
Senior MemberPosts: 1,268
Like?
K5 - DA21L ... is it the ultimate combination?
May 28, 2012

This combination may not be the best optical instrument ever made but it's still very good and the combination of perfect field of view, APS-C sensor, SR, wonderfully manageable size/weight, and perfect balance when hanging from the neck strap make this combination my favorite camera of all time.

I was using the DA 16-45 as a walk around lens for a few years but that combination is heavy on the neck and the heavy lens makes it point downward. It's fine for an hour or two but it's not comfortable to wear around the neck all day.

The DA 15 is a bit wide for me as a walk around lens and I find the DA 40 to be nearly useless. Note: I wrote "nearly". Yeah... it's a nice lens for the odd close range portrait every couple of years.

The DA21L makes me happy to be a Pentax shooter. When Nikon shooters tell me how lousy my camera is by virtue of it being a non-Nikon, I point out how delicious the physical package is. That usually restores peace and tranquility from the righteously indignant comments previously flowing my way. lol!

-- hide signature --

-- Tom

Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow