Latest rumor from China: A99 will cost $2,800

Started May 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
tqlla
Senior MemberPosts: 1,526Gear list
Like?
Re: Sounds like a real camera finally (nt)
In reply to RandyPD, May 28, 2012

1) Microcenter.

2) I didnt ask if what you would buy for $2800. I asked "Are you planning on buying the 24MP SLT A99 for $2800"

3) Who cares if "Everyone knew the 5D3" was coming out. The point is, Canon Discounts their camera's and offers worthwhile promo's. Every new user is a person that bought into that eco system.

Sony hasnt supported their products that way in the past. Instead, Sony leaves a huge hole in the line up for Months/YEARS at a time.

RandyPD wrote:

The 5d MK III is $3150? Where are you buying, off Hongkong/China with no U.S. warranty? B&H, Amazon has it for $3500 and I would rather go with these sellers than anywhere else. Didn't you understand what I said? Canon had to lower the prices of the Mk II because EVERYBODY knows that the MkIII is coming out in just a few a couple of months. Whether the MK II was still in production as of 12/2011 is subject to speculation because they Canon probably still had enough of the MkII in the supply chains to not even produce them anymore. And like I said, the A99 is cheaper than the 5d MKIII and the d800 and has superior specs (unless you count 36mp of the NIkon as superior, but everything else is lower than the A99 spec-wise). And yes, if you ask me what camera I would buy for $2800, I would buy the A99. Because its the only camera that is $2800. And even if the Nikon d800 and the Canon 5MK III is the same price, I still would buy the A99 because of its superior specs overall.

tqlla's gear list:tqlla's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony SLT-A99 Sony 50mm F1.4 Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow