Started May 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SeeRoy
Senior MemberPosts: 1,511Gear list
Like?
OMD/Panny 100-300 as replacement for Sigma 150-500/D700
May 28, 2012

I have had the Sigma lens, mostly on my D700, for a few years although I've not used it that much - not least because of the weight and unwieldiness of the combo. I occasionally like to shoot wildlife though.

Having recently bought an OMD - which I like a lot, even without having used it very seriously yet - it occurs to me that trading in or selling the Sigma and replacing it with the Panasonic 100-300 might make a lot of sense. I have some worries about the focusing on the grounds of the ridiculously large focusing rectangle on this camera although BIF and aircraft aren't my primary reasons for wanting the lens. I've had some reasonable results with the Sigma/D700 in decent light levels - but that's a different ball game. I think the MFT combo might well get a lot more use.

Anyone out there using this lens on the OMD? Or even having made the same transition? Opinions appreciated.
Roy

Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow