ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DafO
Regular MemberPosts: 196
Like?
Play.com cancelling D800 orders (UK)
May 28, 2012

After I mailed asking if there were any updates I was told by Play.com:

As you say, we cannot avoid occasional delays being passed on from our suppliers. Unfortunately, this product is out of stock and because we are unaware when stock will be available, your order has been cancelled.

We advise you purchase a different product at play.com or elsewhere to ensure you have a camera in time for your sister's wedding; especially because this is such a time sensitive issue.

Please be assured you were not be charged for the item, only an order was taken.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you and thank you for your patience and valued custom.

I replied saying that I would much prefer to wait as I bought it at the good price.
But now they're saying:

The item in question currently has a status of 'Sold Out'. This means it was originally only available in limited quantities and that unfortunately it has now sold out. Please note it is unlikely that we will be able to offer the item again in the near future.

As the item is no longer available this is why your order has been canceled and you will not have been charged.

The item may be available to buy from a Play Trader, however please be aware that PlayTrade prices will vary.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank you for your patience and valued custom

Not best pleased

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow