OM-D EM-5 Problem - Shutter locks closed

Started May 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
dav363
New MemberPosts: 14
Like?
Re: Sounds like the same problem I had
In reply to Crimguy, May 28, 2012

Hmm, sounds like the same thing. Hopefully you're dealer should be able to get you a replacement. There seems to be a bit of a shortage of these at the moment, I'm still waiting on a replacement body coming in, so expect a bit of a delay (or maybe you'll get lucky...). Hope you manage to get it sorted out.

Crimguy wrote:

Just had this happen to me this afternoon. Now that I think of it, it's the second time it happened. First time was when I first fired the camera up with the salesman at the shop. We dismissed it to a mostly dead battery (hadn't been charged yet). Starting and stopping the camera made no difference.

I'm thinking I have to make a call to Olympus. Incidentally, it "unstuck" itself about an hour later.

s_grins wrote:

dav363 wrote:

Thought I'd post a couple of pics of the faulty camera, for anyone who runs into this in the future. The first shows the 'locked' shutter mechanism. This is what I see when taking the lens off during a lock up. It stays like this whether the camera is on or off.

The second shows that the functionallity of the camera is unaffected, except that the acreen is black and the shutter unresponsive.

I disagree. Camra IS affected, and this is a grave problem. Camera is disfunctional. And who cares that You can read all this menus, while you can't take a shot

-- hide signature --

I’m surprised how much Wikipedia contributes to the forum.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow