ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JPG
JPG
Senior MemberPosts: 1,203
Like?
Best Lens For The Grand Canyon Tour:
May 28, 2012

We just completed the Southwest Tour , from Sedona, Montezuma's Castle, Grand Canyon, Lake Powel, Zion, Monument Valley and Bryce Canyon. I took along the 18- 200mm Sony kit zoom as my only lens. I didn't realize it at the time I took the pictures, but after reviewing them I noticed nearly all my pics were taken at wide-angle, from 18mm to 35mm. a few were at 55mm and even fewer at 75mm.

The 18-200mm zoom was definently 'over-kill', and certainly was not needed. All that would have been needed was the the kit 18-55mm zoom lens.

It would have made the NEX-7 far less bulky and much lighter. The Ziess 24mm. lens would have been great for 75% of the pics.

I didn't see any other NEX cameras, however I saw one Oly OMD and a Fuji X-100. Since we got into an awful lot of dust, I was wishing for the Oly OMD. The fellow with the X-100 had perhaps the best all around lens (35mm.)

So, my advise, if you are doing this tour, bring only your kit 18-55mm. zoom. That is the only lens you will need. The kit 16mm. wide angle would come in second best

Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow