Why isnt the PL452.8 the reference lens for testing m43?

Started May 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
Andy Westlake
dpreview AdminPosts: 2,915Gear list
Like?
Re:Andy, Thanks
In reply to Adventsam, May 28, 2012

Adventsam wrote:

My original concern was that of the 50mm on an adapter, my question mark over this remains.

Can you explain then exactly what your 'question mark' entails (now that we've got past your self-professed antipathy towards all things Olympus)? The adapter maintains full functionality (any issues with AF are irrelevent, as we only ever use manual focus for testing), and the lens is one of the very best we've ever tested, meaning that it presents Panasonic's cameras such as the GH2 and GX1 in the best possible light. So what, exactly, is the problem?

What's ironic about this is that we've been accused on other forums of unduly favouring the Micro Four Thirds system by using such a good lens. Also, in the process of this discussion the 45mm F2.8 is getting somewhat unfairly trashed in some quarters - I'll still maintain that it's the best choice if you want a macro lens for Micro Four Thirds right now , as I wrote in my review when it first came out.

-- hide signature --

Andy Westlake
dpreview.com

Andy Westlake's gear list:Andy Westlake's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F30 Zoom Olympus Stylus Verve S Olympus XZ-2 iHS Canon EOS 5D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow