EM5 with 100-300mm at Duxford Jubilee Airshow

Started May 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
tkelly11
Regular MemberPosts: 150Gear list
Like?
Re: EM5 with 100-300mm at Duxford Jubilee Airshow
In reply to newsed1, May 28, 2012

Haha, and i was looking out for anyone using m4/3rds as i was intrigued as to how others were getting on with it! I should clarify that i was using C-AF, rather than C-AF(TR). I tried the tracking af but, like you, found that green square jumping all over the shop leaving me with absolutely no faith in what was going to come out. So after that i decided to try just standard C-AF which is something i would never think to use and it did an admirable job. Had to learn to trust it somewhat and just focus and shoot at the same time rather than trying to check as i tracked the plane.

It is interesting about the Oly 75-300mm. I wonder if it does less hunting. That was what made it most difficult for me, when the focus would be completely lost so you couldnt see anything in the viewfinder but bright blue from the sky!

I have to say i do enjoy the challenge of it, whilst it would be terrifying if you had to rely on it to work every time, its a lot of fun trying it out and seeing what works.

tkelly11's gear list:tkelly11's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon Df Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow